Wednesday 8 December 2010

Presenting Christmas Presents

I don't have that many Christmas presents to buy (very small family) but I do like wrapping the few I do buy.


They look really nice displayed in this old trug (I have more for sale on my website if you are interested).

I love cyclamen and it is so lovely to see growing flowers and bulbs at this time of year when everything is dying outside in the garden.



I've also been buying eucalyptus for Christmas displays. We used to have a large tree at our old home but this year I've had to buy sprigs from the local florist.

Other greenery has been collected from the garden ready to be displayed, perhaps in a wreath.



I don't know the name of this shrub (perhaps you can tell me) but it looks pretty in this enamel jug.

I bought this crown from an antiques fair last year (though it isn't old). Does anyone know where I can buy more? I have searched everywhere to no avail.


9 comments:

  1. Your mystery shrub is Mahonia.

    Your parcels look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your presents look lovely. I love the crown, I almost wish I hadn't parted with mine now!! If I ever come across any more I will let you know.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautifully you have wrapped everything! I am useless at wrapping presents and am envious of your talents. I especially like the music scrolls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is looking beautiful Ruth. I really do need to get off my backside and search for some greenery to decorate the house.... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog! Love it. Found it on Ted and Bunny...cracked me up when you said your husband was crazed when he found you had opened the patio doors! haha. I'll be back. Like your wrapping ideas! Gives me some inspiration!
    Lots of gals sell crowns on here. I'll find some and let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I agree, your mystery shrub is a Mahonia. I have it in my garden, and love its scent in winter. We used to have a eucalyptus too, totally planted in the wrong place by the previous owner, and after many major prunes, it just had to go. A shame, as it does make for perfect foliage, and I do like its vapour rub aroma! You've captured some lovely images for this blog post Ruth, along with lots of inspirational ideas. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to post to say - 'It's a mahonia' and 'Hesta Nesta had a crown like that' - but I'm far too late!! Lovely wrapped presents :). We've got a small eucalyptus in our garden, but I gather they can get huge - must keep an eye on it! Abby

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am truly thankful to the owner of this web site who has shared this
    wonderful piece of writing at at this time.
    My homepage :: Orlando contractors

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for finally writing about > "Presenting Christmas Presents" < Loved it!

    Look into my web site: http://www.
    drunk-college-girl.com

    ReplyDelete