My daughter gets married in less than a month's time and, as she is having a rustic theme for the wedding, I have been sewing lots of hessian items but mainly bunting. I have been sewing lace onto the hessian as well as appliqueing co-ordinating fabrics onto it and stencilling hearts with paint.
I worked out that I needed to produce 24 metres and have now done it all! I have also stencilled lengths of hessian for table runners and sewn a ring pillow (which will be attached to their dog's collar as he is the ring bearer!) as well as covering jam jars for night lights.
Hessian is very messy to work with, all those loose fibres so it was good to have a change and sew with some normal fabric. I made this pair of cushions from some very pretty vintage French fabric. I only managed to buy a small piece so this is all I could make from it. They have been added to my website.