Friday 4 April 2008

We went to look at our new house again last evening and to measure spaces to decide where our furniture will go. I took this photo on the way home. I have a friend who will be living just around the corner from us and she and her husband always take a stroll down to the beach after their evening meal and before coffee. I thought that would be a nice habit to get into.

Tom dropped a bombshell on us by announcing he won't be coming to live in our new house as he now feels he wants to leave home and share a flat with two friends. I feel very sad at this, I know it's inevitable that our offspring flee the nest but I hadn't imagined he would be going just yet! How strange it will be just hubby and me again.

I think I have a lot on my mind. Has anyone else done the stupid thing I did this week. I went to a car boot I don't usually frequent quite a way from here, bought three items from a stall, asked the man to look after them then only realised I hadn't gone back for them before coming home! I will have to return next week to see if he is there again, I hope so.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend. mine will be spent packing, packing, packing ........

7 comments:

  1. Let's hope that trader is there this week. I have left items with the stallholders but I have always remembered to pick them up. If he isn't, I hope you haven't lost too much money. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh i hope he's kept them for you. I know the feeling of not having your son around every day, two of mine are at uni (nearer to you dammit! Portsmouth and Bournemouth) lol, i miss them terribly but i suppose they get busy and live their lives. I'd be delighted if they turned up tomorrow with their cases. he he.
    So glad the house is going ahead and i too think that new routine of the beach walk will be so so special. Can't wait to see the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, to be able to stroll to the beach....that is my idea of heaven! I may have forgotten, but where is the new home going to be and what is the beach called?
    Travelling home on the train from London I left all my Christmas shopping on the racks above the seats! some dubious looking lads were sitting on the seat opposite me. When my Hub collected me from the station he had to drive to the end of the line - fast - to meet to the train on its last stop in the hope that the bags would be handed in.......................
    they were, by the dubious looking lads! so there you go you must not judge a book by its cover! they were good lads really.
    Good luck with the move....I am loking forward to seeing the photos.
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting to be moving!!! And to live near the sea... something close to my own heart! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, It's no wonder you did somthing like that will all the pressure of moving house. Hope the packing goes well.
    Margaret and Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found your blog...I read your profile and I adore the same books as you. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh good luck with the house move Ruth. Also good luck with Tom and his move too, that's a big step for you all. Oh and good luck with the car boot trader too, the worse thing I've done is driven to a car boot and walked home and realised the next day that I'd left the car behind!
    Kimx
    Walking along the beach sounds a wonderful way to end the day

    ReplyDelete