Tuesday 15 May 2012

Apology

First of all I must apologise to fellow bloggers if they haven't received a comment from me recently.  I have lost count of the number of times I have commented only to see the whole thing disappear and I can't even re-try.  Even if I log out and log in again the same thing happens.  Blogs which have the double words to prove you aren't a robot also defeat me even though I know I am copying the words correctly.  I feel really bad especially when I do so want to leave a comment.

I have been adding some items to the website over the last few days.  Why are these Allumettes containers so hard to find lately?  This one also has the striker on the top.




A french wine carrier, perfect for displaying candles when you have drunk all the wine!

 A pretty Limoges dish for serving canapes or use on a dressing table perhaps.


Enamel jugs for displaying Spring flowers.


A French towel rail I have painted with Farrow & Ball's French Gray.  I really don't like the orangey varnish which is sometimes used on these items and think it looks much better having received a make-over.


An enamel funnel which can be used as a candle stick or string dispenser (or even a funnel!)

This orange poppy has appeared in our garden, I wonder where from as we haven't planted it.  It is so beautiful with its crumpled petals, and such an unusual colour.


8 comments:

  1. Hi what lovely things I love the wine carrier although wine wouldnt last long in it here lol Love Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. the poppy was a present!

    wine carrier is great...just what we need to take the bottles from the larder to the sitting room haha!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh some fantastic things! I LOVE the French wine carrier and the towel rail. Great idea to put candles in the wine carrier too - very inspiring! Paula x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful treasures with new uses...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of it!
    How lucky are you to have a pretty poppy like that in your garden!

    Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that orange poppy, it's gorgeous. Love its crinkly petals. And love the idea of using the funnel as a funnel, how revolutionary! ;)
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ruth...lol I know just what you mean, those Words! defeat me too and like you I know I am typing them correctly. In the end I just give up! it is a shame because a lot of girls out there must think that they have no body interested!
    I love all your additions and the images Ruth.
    It is so good to get out in our gardens, I was beginning to get quite depressed with all that grey grey sky!
    Cxx

    ReplyDelete