I have been tagged by Overdue to list my top ten rules for life. I am finding this quite difficult and am not sure if I will make it past number five but here goes.
1. My number one rule and maxim would definitely be 'Do as you would be done by'. If everyone treated others as they would wish to be treated themselves then the world would be a vastly different place.
2. Never buy clothes that are too big for you - you will grow into them.
3. Buy the one item that you really want, not two at each half the price. It's taken me a long while to learn this but 'Quality remains long after the price is forgotten'.
4. Learn to say no. Be assertive. (This does become easier with age!)
5. If you're not enjoying a book, give up; you don't have to finish it. Life is too short to be reading rubbish when one considers how many brilliant books there are to be read.
6. Have dreams. Aim to realise them. 'Tis better to have tried and failed than failed to try'.
7. 'Don't be sad that it's over, be glad that it happened'.
8. When trying on clothes if it doesn't grab you as soon as you look in the mirror, if you have to think about whether it suits you or not don't buy it.
9. Always keep the receipt in case you do!
10. And lastly, take my advice. I'm not using it!
According to the rules I now have to tag some other people to list their top ten rules for life so I choose
Mel at Country in the Town
Michele at Cowboys and Custard
Sue at Vintage to Victorian
Kim at Ragged Roses
Confirming my love of eiderdowns I leave you with a photo of my screen saver collage.