Monday 4 October 2010

Cooking, Sewing and Painting

I have been making cushions and hearts from Hungrian grain sacks to sell in a gallery which is opening soon in Lee-on-Solent.



We have ordered a new striped stair and plain landing carpet and, because the stairs are to have a runner, I have been sanding and repainting the sides of the stairs.

I also decided to make a co-ordinating Roman blind for the hall window at the bottom of these stairs.


All that hard work had to be rewarded with cake - Lemon Drizzle Cake and Date and Honey Oatmeal Cake.

7 comments:

  1. Ooh yummy; the cakes look lovely. Tom just saw the photo and said we'll be round in ten minutes! :) Didn't know about the grain sacks in the gallery, that sounds like a great idea. I bought a vintage cardigan this week, I want more vintage-y clothes!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have a slice of lemon drizzle, thanks very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh Lee On Solent, my Aunty used to live there !
    I was born not far from there as well
    Good luck with your great items
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely hearts,
    it's definately baking weather I have just made a pear upside down cake mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love lemon drizzle cake...
    I love the cushions and the hearts are divine.
    It is funny but we have been looking at stripes for our stairs. I have been very gradually re decorating our hall stairs and landing. You can get really good deals on carpets from the axminster factory shop.
    I could really do with a piece of your cake now with a nice hot cup of tea!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That lemon drizzle cake looks scrumpious!! Love your hearts - they look a good size and shape :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cushions and the hearts, and I would love some of that lemon drizzle cake please. I also spotted your gorgeous lantern at the bottom of the stairs, it is really beautiful.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete