Friday 2 November 2007

Birthday Prezzies




Two belated birthday presents from Rosie (daughter) this afternoon meant all good intentions of doing some painting were postponed in preference for a lazy afternoon spent using my new mug and looking at all the lovely things in this Cath Kidston book. She always buys me such thoughtful presents that I really love - Thomas Hardy is my favourite author, especially his 'Tess of the d'Urbevilles' and I can't get enough books on vintage style! Tonight we are also going to have a belated 'girly' birthday meal out together.



Last weekend we had a lovely day out in Boscastle. I haven't been since 1984 and it was interesting to see how much of the flood damage is still in evidence. For those of you who are non-UK bloggers I am attaching a video of the fateful day in August 2004. Miraculously there were no fatalities.




4 comments:

  1. Hi, I have just discovered your blog through Katherines Dream, will have a good look through soon, but I just wanted to comment on this post as we visited Boscastle this year for the first time and after watching the series Seaside Parish I really wanted to visit and see what it is really like, well I wasn't disappointed, I thought it was lovely and with the ever increasing tourist population down there I am sure they will continue to prosper. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of my favourite books, I can lose myself in it time and time again.
    It's good to see Boscastle slowly recovering and of course the tourist trade is vital to that recovery. I've never been there, my Mum lives in Cornwall so we must take a trip up to Boscastle when we're visiting her.
    Have a lovely girly meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, you had a day out to Cornwall, how long did it take to drive there?
    I will go and have a look on Amazon for that book, you are like me I cannot get enough of them either.
    'Tess' this is one of my favourite films. I have not read the book. I have lost count of how many times I have watched it. Have you seen the film?
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ruth,

    A very Happy Birthday to you! That's a great book - I often 'dip' into it!

    Boscastle is one of our favourite places and we were devastated when the flood hit. We have considered a move there in recent years and viewed some lovely old cottages (further up in the village fortunately!) I wouldn't rule it out in the future as it is a very special place.

    Well done to you for losing all that weight!

    Clare x

    ReplyDelete