Monday 27 August 2012

Goodwood Antiques Fair

This morning I drove to the Goodwood Antiques Fair and this is all I bought!


As per usual I shall probably keep most of it for myself too.  I have started collecting these Emma Bridgewater mugs so was pleased to find one at half the new price.  The scarf is French Connection but I think it looks quite vintagey.


The pretty guest towel and Bertha's First Term will go on the website (after I've read it) as will the Lloyd Loom box.  I'm not sure what it would have been used for; perhaps a workbox or for someone with little dirty laundry!  I may paint it, I'm not sure yet.

I hope you are all having a wonderful Bank Holiday though I think we have now seen the last of the summer weather.

3 comments:

  1. Some lovely finds, that scarfs fantastic! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auguast is a funny month for buying isn't it...not sure if we can't quite get our heads round the new season a-coming, or the bits for sale all look rather tired...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it is strange, but the last large flea market I went to I struggled to find anything? But do love the book and quite like the colour of the laundry basket. Off to your end of the country next week, to do Brocante Fair in Wisborough Green, which also coincides with Ardlingly, so maybe there will be more bargains - doubtful!
    have a lovely week
    Jill

    ReplyDelete